Every single dollar stewarded at The Oak is strategically used to advance God’s mission at this branch of the Kingdom, Jacksonville’s Eastside and beyond. Because of our commitment to meaningful ministry, we have more opportunities than resources at any given time. We “Worship Through Giving” in a variety of ways, including online giving and with traditional envelopes deposited into the giving boxes located at the church’s entrances and exits. We believe this is the best way to facilitate joyful giving (2 Corinthians 9:7, Matthew 6:4). Let us all prayerfully consider how we might continue to invest in this mission with our hearts and God’s possessions.
You can “Worship Through Giving” using the buttons located throughout this page or in our “The Church of Oakland” app (found in Google Play, the Apple App Store, etc.). Gifts can be made with debit cards, credit cards, or ACH (checking account -- our preferred method). ACH saves us money on fees, allowing the maximum dollars possible to go directly to ministry use. You can also choose to cover the fees in your transactions, but that is not required.
During Worship Services
Rather than pass a collection plate during worship services, we encourage our church family and guests to give as the Lord leads them by placing their gifts in boxes near the entrances and exits.
The Church of Oakland Office
Gifts can be sent by mail to (or dropped off at) The Church of Oakland, Attn: Contributions, 1025 Jessie St., Jacksonville, FL, 32206.
Donations of Stock or Other Assets
Stock or other assets may be donated to The Church of Oakland. Please notify our Director of Operations, Colin D. Adams, if you wish to donate stock or other assets. Stocks may be donated to The Church of Oakland by transferring investments to our account at Edward Jones. Please notify Colin of any pending transfers so that we can be aware of any activity and handle it properly.
If stock is in certificate form: Please contact Colin D. Adams at 904-354-5295 or email@example.com for instructions on donating stock that is in certificate form.
For broker-to-broker transfer of gift of stock: Please give the following instructions to the firm the shares are coming from: Edward Jones (Edward D Jones & Co), DTC # 0057, Name of Account: First Baptist Church of Oakland, # of Shares to Transfer
($ Amount). Please contact Colin Adams for the account number.
Donations of Non-Perishable, Tangible Products
New, unopened products purchased for The Church of Oakland, or its ministries, may be accepted. Please contact Jackie Gray
(firstname.lastname@example.org) or Colin D. Adams (email@example.com) for details.
The First Baptist Church of Oakland (DBA “The Church of Oakland”) is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) religious organization. Gifts received may be tax-deductible. General exceptions to this are ticket sales, purchase of merchandise, and gifts to the pastor. Please consult with your tax advisor if you have questions.
If you have participated with us financially this year, you can expect to receive an email acknowledgement of your contributions no later than January 31st the following year. If you have changed your physical address or email address in the past year, please let us know by updating your information.
"Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." 2 Corinthians 9:7
We believe the giving of our first fruits is an act of worship, a way that honors God (Proverbs 3:9) while also living mindfully that ALL we own, not just what we give, is the Lord's (Psalm 24:1). God is a giver of eternal gifts (John 3:16, 1 Corinthians 2:12) and temporal (Deuteronomy 8:17-18, James 1:17) and when a follower of Christ freely and joyfully gives away their increase, whether it be money, possessions, time, or talents, they are imitating God. We are excited about your desire to give, not only because of how your gift will allow us to continue to be about our mission of being and making disciples, but also because of what your gift prayerfully communicates to the world about your heart and relationship with God (2 Corinthians 9:12-15) and how investing wisely benefits you (Acts 20:35, Luke 12:33).
If you would like to know how you can better handle your finances in accordance with God’s word, please sign up for one of our “Faith and Finances” workshops.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the OakStrong Giving Campaign? After successfully completing our goal of becoming a debt-free church in the first quarter of 2022, our year-two prayerful goal is to raise $100,000 with:
70% going toward the creation of fully paved parking covering the historic block of 1025 Jessie Street, new fencing, and a full upgrade of the "Education Building" for greater Eastside community use and storage.
15% going toward design rendering and temporary fencing for the new building lot across Van Buren, The future home of our new sanctuary and ministry space.
15% going toward feasibility study, research, and further creation of the Oak Leadership Academy.
2. When is the OakStrong Giving Campaign? This year's campaign begins on Sunday, October 1, 2022, and will end on Monday, February 28, 2023. This marks the second year of a five-year giving campaign.
3. What is a pledge? What if I am unable to give the amount that I pledge each year? A pledge is an amount of money above your tithes and offerings that you and your family have prayerfully considered gifting to this campaign. Your pledge amount is the minimum amount you plan to give each year, for the next five years. Pledges give our Stewardship Ministry the ability to plan and strategize our expansion plans. Our prayer is that you are able to gift your pledged amount, or more, each campaign year.
4. Am I able to make partial payments toward the campaign? Yes! Any payment designated on your envelope or online contribution during the campaign period will be applied toward your pledge amount.
5. Does this replace our traditional Church Anniversary contributions? Yes! For the next five years, the OakStrong Giving Campaign will replace our Church Anniversary giving. If you would still like to contribute an additional amount for Church Anniversary, please do so by selecting the OakStrong Giving Campaign as your fund.